About the Board of Directors
Executive Club of Champaign County's board handles the growth and maintenance of ECCC, including membership, social events and networking, research and public relations, newsletter, programs, and operations and logistics. The board meets during the first week of each month. Members serve staggered two-year terms that begin in September.
The board's officers include:
- President Peyton Zerrusen, Peyton Marie Photography
The president provides leadership and direction in the fulfillment of ECCC’s purpose. Presides at board meetings and monthly luncheon meetings. Coordinates activities of all committees
- Vice President Karen Blatzer, Clark-Lindsey Village
Assists the president in carrying out responsibilities, and presides in the president’s absence.
- Secretary Chris Slater-Vohs, Retired from Hobbico, Inc.
Takes minutes at all board meetings.
- Treasurer Danielle Runyon, University of Illinois
Maintains all monies, financial records, and accounting. Collects money and records reservations for monthly luncheon meetings.
Six additional members and the immediate past president (who serves as the ex-officio member) include:
- Membership Chair Meg Dickinson, University of Illinois
Responsible for accepting new member applications and presenting them to board for approval. Responsible for annual membership renewal.
- Programs Chair Stefanie Santos-McLeese, Santos McLeese Public Relations
Responsible for monthly luncheon meeting program speakers.
- Social Events & Networking Chair Helen Zhang, University of Illinois
Organize and coordinate social events and networking opportunities to meet the needs and requests of members.
- Communications Chair Cassandra Schowengerdt, Carle
Send monthly enewsletter to all members and help maintain the ECCC website.
- Outreach Chair Allison Winter, University of Illinois
Works to increase awareness of ECCC to potential members in Champaign County, with the ultimate goal of bringing new, qualified, contributing members into the club.
Operations/Logistics Chair Rachel Pirkle, University of Illinois
Plans monthly luncheon meeting location and menu, and assists treasurer with check-in.
- Ex-Officio Angela Carr, University of Illinois
Provides experienced guidance to board, participates in ECCC audits, and reviews monthly bank statements.